Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 3 muffins
1 can(s) solid white albacore tuna (6 oz)
1 large egg
2 Tbsp white mushrooms or baby bellas, diced
1 Tbsp onion, minced
2 1/2 Tbsp red bell pepper
3 Tbsp extra sharp cheddar cheese or provolone
1 pinch ground mustard
1 pinch garlic salt
1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 tsp herbes de provence
1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1. Cut up all your veggies. Drain your tuna and place in a bowl and flake the tuna with a fork.
2. Then, add your veggies and seasonings and mix it all together. Now, crack your egg and whisk it well and then add to your mixture.
3. Scoop into a greased muffin pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees. [You could make these into mini muffins and serve as appetizers too.] I am not sure on the time they would have to cook though. Next time, I will try it and add the info here.
4. Remove muffins from tin and add a little more cheese and some herb for garnish.
5. I served my muffins with a cucumber salad.
6. Herbes de Provence: It is a spice mixture that you can buy at most grocery stores. It has rosemary, fennel, savory, thyme, basil, tarragon, dill weed, oregano, lavender, chevril, and marjarom.