Creamy Seafood Chowder
"A creamy seafood chowder full of flavor! Of course, regular ingredients may be used for those not watching their waistline."
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (8 ounces) container fat-free cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounces) can fat-free condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 (6.5 ounces) can chopped clams
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1/2 pound calamari tubes
Place 1/2 cup milk, cream cheese, and garlic in a large pot over low heat. Cook and stir until blended. Mix in soup, green onions, carrots, corn with liquid, potatoes, parsley, and remaining milk. Season with black pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer 25 minutes. Do not boil.
Mix the shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, calamari, and clams, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until seafood is opaque.