Delicious Cajun Seafood Pasta
"This recipe is a hot one, but delicious! If you are weak of tongue, then divide the amounts of peppers in half. Better to add more than spoil your creation! Bay scallops are preferred, but the larger sea scallops can be used if they cut in half. This Delicious Cajun Seafood Pasta dish can also be placed in a casserole dish and placed under the broiler until the top turns golden brown!"
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
Meanwhile, pour cream into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until just about boiling. Reduce heat, and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley. Simmer 7 to 8 minutes, or until thickened.
Stir in seafood, cooking until shrimp is no longer transparent. Stir in cheeses, blending well.
Drain pasta. Serve sauce over noodles.